KINDERGARTEN (Pre-KG to UKG)
- Play-way method
- Activity-oriented teaching
These methods of teaching paves way in
- Exploring & Experiencing, the world around them
- Focusing on eye-hand co-operation
- Developing the fine motor skills
- Creating self-awareness
- Fostering thinking and self-confidence
- Evoking love for learning and thereby, makes learning a joyful experience
- Fostering participation and collaboration
- Allowing the learner to deal intelligently with the real world
- Developing an awareness of letters
- Recognizing that letters have specific sounds
- Awareness of the relationship of “letters to words” and “words to sentences”
- Developing a basic vocabulary set by listening to and identifying unknown words in stories
- Recognizing basic sight words in text
- Developing a strong number sense
- Identifying numbers
- Expressing different ways to represent numbers up to twenty
- Ability to sort and organize objects based on different attributes
- Recognizing basic shapes and units for measurement, time, and weight.
SUBJECTS OF STUDY
- English Reading and Conversation
- English Writing
- English Dictation
- Number work
- Environmental Science (EVS )-UKG
- General Awareness-LKG
- Story Telling
- Physical Education
- Language-Tamil ( Compulsory for LKG )
Hindi and Tamil (Compulsory for UKG )
- Drawing and Colouring
ACTIVITY BASED OBSERVATION
Children were given Colours and shapes book to match the objects related to their colours.
Matching colours with objects helps children to develop fine motor control, coordination, concentration,and learning about colours , matching and sorting ,early math and language development.
Children enjoyed learning colours with colourful images. They observed and learned to match the related objects with colours in a play way method.
PHYSICAL SKILL :
Children were taken to the playground. They were happy, excited and ready to play. All the children enthusiastically participated in the outdoor activity. Some exercises were done to boost their large muscle development.