ST. BRITTO’S ACADEMY, CHENNAI was declared as the TOP CBSE SCHOOL 2018 and Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan School Excellence Leadership Award 2018 was presented to Mrs. Vimala Britto, the Secretary & Correspondent of St. Britto’s Group of Schools and College by CENTRE FOR EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CED), New Delhi in its 2nd summit of the International Edusummit & Eduawards 2018 at Leela Ambience, East Delhi held on 27th and 28th January 2018.
The award was presented to St. Britto’s Academy that helps progressive attainment of Education and implements the NCERT curriculum in its true context with innovative method of delivering the content with the objective of providing Holistic Education for the Children at all levels. The award was presented by Mr. G. Balasubramanian, Former Director Academics, CBSE, New Delhi in the conference where around 300 School Leaders attended from India and abroad to discuss on the theme the challenges in education for futuristic schools.
Topics discussed were
- Methods to provide more flexible learning arrangements in schools to meet the needs of learners
- Computational thinking and innovation
- Challenges on safety and cyber bullying in schools
- Raising the professional status of teaching
- Methods to embed value education in school curriculum
- School Networking – School exchange programme
- Knowledge beyond books
- Challenges in Life skill & Psychological well- being of children
- Question hour session by CBSE officials