“The Three Laws of Robotics:
1: A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm;
2: A robot must obey the orders given by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law;
3: A robot must protect its existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law;
The Zeroth Law: A robot may not harm humanity, or, by inaction, allow humanity to come to harm.” ― Isaac Asimov, I Robot
This is what we mean when we talk about “robots.” We’re talking about cognitive abilities, not the fact that they’re made of metal instead of flesh and powered by electricity instead of chicken nuggets. — KEVIN DRUM
The machine has no feelings, it feels no fear and no hope … it operates according to the pure logic of probability. For this reason, I assert that the robot perceives more accurately than man. — MAX FRISCH
In today’s world, a different set of communication channels are present. When students learn and develop their own robots, they want to showcase the same to the world. As channels or mediums are different, students need to have knowledge of the respective platform to communicate. With these, students’
communication skills get improved as they craft or draft the message as per audience and channel of communication.
Morning assembly is an integral part of the school schedule. It gives us a great opportunity to share our thoughts early in the morning. It gives us a great refreshment for the whole day. We the students of VIII-C are conducting their MORNING ASSEMBLY on the topic “ROBOTICS”.
ABOUT MY CLASS 8 C
The students of VIII – C communicated the topic “Robotics” which is more important, hot, interesting, and innovative. We are provided information about when, where, and how robotics was invented, used, advantages, and disadvantages of robotics which gives a good source of learning robotics in this world of technology.
The virtual class assembly is begun with
- Prayer song
- Bible verse
- Significance of the day
- Vote of thanks.
As we all know Robotics is the branch of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and computer science that deals with the design, and application of robots, as well as computer systems for their control and processing. ROBOTICS was invented by BEN SKORA in the 1950s and He is also known as the father of robotics. AI or Artificial Intelligence is the program developed in Robots for their work. Most robots today are used to doing repetitive actions or jobs considered too dangerous for humans. The ROBOT MAKER must be CREATIVELY developed.
Robots have a wide variety of use cases that make them the ideal TECHNOLOGY for the future. Robot learning is a research field with the intersection of machine learning and robotics. It studies techniques allowing a robot to acquire novel skills or adapt to its environment through LEARNING algorithms.
Soon by 2051 India will also be developed in each and every point of view with robots. Creating robots helps humans for some reasons like teamwork and coordination between them, improvement in Computer science and mainly algorithms and languages, communicating skills, etc. Robots are now even programmed for robotic surgery as a person seated far away from the patient can also perform surgery using a joystick, AI for Indian Army Safety, etc.
Robots also have some disadvantages.
Here are some common issues are:
- You will need to charge the robot many times. So, you need to build a robot that has a battery saver and uses less battery.
- Huge usage of electricity, nuclear power. So, you need to build the robot such that it doesn’t take/require a huge amount of electricity.
- If robots are introduced in vehicles (like Tesla) people may also be prone to accidents. So, Robots should be built such that they are conscious on the road.
- There is no solution for maintenance. When we are buying any robots, we must have the capability to take care of it and maintain it.
These are some main issues reported for robotics but there are also some benefits with it… robotics is also used in healthcare like nanorobotics are sent in a human body for protection as well as to check whether the body is facing any internal issues.
- To develop teamwork and cooperative skills
- To share, participate and involve with the community
- To communicate and learn different advanced technological platforms
- To create knowledgeable leaders for tomorrow
- To know their strengths, weaknesses, and passion
REFLECTION / TESTIMONIES
- The class assembly equipped and developed us with many skills like synergy, planning, time management, clear understanding, communication – Suram Medhasree – VIII C
- We learned the importance of Robotics and the advanced technological skills – A – VIII C
- it was an Informative and knowledgeable session. As students, we have come to know the features and importance of the robotics – Swetha Sri.S – VIII C